Monday, August 24, 2009

Landscaping

So... long story short, I've been taking a drawing class and I feel like sharing what I did today with you.

Sorry this post isn't sooner--I only realized I needed to used fixatif on one of my drawings when I went to post, and then the fixatif takes an hour to dry... but I'm posting now, so yay.

We're working on landscapes right now. My focus is on doors. That probably says something about me...


This was the piece I needed the fixatif for. It was my favorite of they day. Done with charcoal, which I usually hate... but I like this.


Flowers. I was distracted by a hobo (or at least, a guy who looked a lot like a crazy hobo) when I drew this, so it wasn't as good as some of the others. Oh well!


Another door and the staircase leading to it... I like this one.


The building where I'm taking the class. I sort of messed the scale up on this one... it's decent.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that always the way...a medium you don't like ends up giving you the best outcome of the day. Go figure. My favorite too.

    ReplyDelete