Sunday, September 20, 2009

There Is a Spoon

And it's WILD.

Yesterday, Zombie and I were having a discussion on "why I used to like manga, but I can't stand it anymore." Basically, it comes down to the fact that there are a total of two (2) kinds of manga published in America.

One is the Shonen manga, featuring rather simple-looking characters with arbitrarily crazy designs and really, really bizarre titles (see fig. 1).

Fig. 1: Wild Spoon doodle. Take note that Wild Spoon is not an actual manga but very well could be in its overwhelming generic-ness.


It was rather fun to draw, and I decided to revisit Wild Spoon today and draw up the main character's two best friends while I was at it: the energetic girl with huge breasts and the gruff but kindhearted mentor.


Of course, this picture is missing the androgynous guy who works with the hero but also serves as his rival. I couldn't fit them all.

I'd like to color this but I didn't get the time tonight. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment