Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eclectic Sketches

Today I visited the exhibit of Shepard Fairey's works as part of my drawing 2 class.


Shepard Fairey often repeats a single image in a wide variety of contexts; this image, the Obey Giant, has become his "brand." I thought about the symbol I used and the special name I gave to myself and how that symbol represented me. (The name is bubblegum paranoids, and the symbol is a skull with a single eye socket and a scar... mostly pictured above).


I realize that the bubblegum paranoids name didn't really describe me at all, and neither did the symbol. So redesigning was in order. I think the round-headed robot is much closer to who I am. In the bottom-left corner is a rendition of one of Fairey's...works? (I don't know if it's a painting/stencil/silkscreen or what have you.)

But enough being deep.


You're here to look at pictures like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment