Monday, September 7, 2009

And as soon as I started on a roll, the fates conspired against me

So it's almost midnight and no update. I can explain.

For each day as I was introducing characters, I planned to practice my digital art skills by doing a basic picture of the character. Then I'd do a little picture with more action in it in pencil to really hone my drawing skills.

Today, my tablet (which was sort of glitching frequently anyway) completely ceased to function. I can't draw digitally without my tablet.

I started doing the little action-y pictures, but I had sort of already lost my motivation... as the drawings went on and it became apparent that I couldn't draw anything that wasn't completely static, my artwork devolved into horrendously sloppy sketches. I will post up those sloppy sketches for the sake of posting something right now.


I'm pretty sure the plan is "get a new tablet tomorrow..." hopefully I'll have something better to show then. I'm so sorry, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. it's okay...it happens, you know?

    and don't worry about static vs dynamic...just keep drawing dynamic pictures, no matter how bad you think they are. if you keep doing it consistently it will get consistently better. don't get turned off!

    ReplyDelete