Sunday, February 7, 2010

And Oldie but Goodie


Holy crap I thought I had lost this.


"Sadou" (Tea Ceremony) is a picture book I co-wrote with two other students of Japanese. I wrote some of it, but my major contribution was illustration. Character designs were done by someone else but I drew all ten pages.


I did the coloring on a few pages, like the one above, but the project was due in about twenty minutes when it came time to color and I was a really slow colorist so the group pulled together whoever had free time. This was the final result.


The story is not particularly profound--the girl with pink hair (Ayame-chan--perceptive people may connect her to this Ayame, and they'd be totally right) holds a tea ceremony for her friends Hideaki (this Hideaki) and Hanako (who doesn't appear in Medley ha ha). If you can't read Japanese, you're not missing out.


This is probably most notable for being my second completed attempt at sequential art; the first has certainly been lost to time. While "Sadou" is not my best work, I'm still proud of it for what it is.


I don't have anything else to say, so enjoy the rest of the pages without commentary.





No comments:

Post a Comment